Solved

No Demand Exists MRP Message

• 19 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi All, 

I get the MRP message “No Demand Exists” for a part that I have 3 open customer orders for.

This should be generating an Early Order message since the shop order has a need by date earlier than the customer order. 

An ideas??

icon

Best answer by majose 20 October 2020, 16:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Checkout if the Customer Order Lines have been loaded into MRP Part Information screen, for the specific part. Look in the Gross Requirements tab. If you see the Customer Order Lines there, then it is strange if you get the “No Demand Exists”.

Please share your findings. Could it be that your Customer Order Lines have supply code “Shop Order”?

And also check if you Shop Orders have been loaded into the Gross Requirements tab.

Good Luck!

-Mats

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

There is nothing in Gross Requirements or Receipts and Deliveries tab in MRP part information.

The customer order supply code is inventory order. 

Thanks,

Eric

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I typically use IPAP to view supply and demand orders. I checked the MRP Open Supply and Demand Orders screen for this part and it returns nothing. It appears MRP doesn’t recognize this part. MRP Control box is flagged. I must be missing something. 

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I found the cause. Supply was manually pegged to the customer order. Removing the pegging now generated an Early order MRP message. 

Does anyone know if you can have manually pegged orders generate correct MRP messages? The pegged order had a need date 30 days earlier than the customer order. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

But you do get the part in the header portion of the MRP Part Information screen???

If you get the part in the header portion then it is MRP planned. It could also be Master Scheduled, but then you will see it MRP Type field in the header of this screen.

MRP deletes everything from its tables in the beginning of an MRP execution, then it starts to load open demand and open supply from the orders it SHOULD PLAN FOR.

It makes me happy that you havee found the MRP Open Supply and Demand Orders screen. It is a supefast screen if you want to look at all different types of open supply and demand MRP has loaded and created :-) But remember it is a snapshot from the last MRP execution, so it is not live data as IPAP.

Have you done some manual pegging of the orders. I think in the overivew customer order lines you should be able to find the Pegged Qty column… while typing this… I got the update from you… It was manual pegging :-)

Great that you solved it!

-Mats