Solved

Demand planner - mass copying SKU level forecasts from one flow to another

• 15 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’ve a very simple base flow that is also our master flow which contains our current forecast. 

I want to take the SKU-level forecasts from the base flow and transfer it to a combined flow that consists of customers demand history effectively allowing forecasting by customer.

I’m using Apps9 and DP Client 4.0.2.22.

Using distribute adjustment on a top level does not carry over the seasonal models per product and it doesn’t seem to bring over the sku-level forecast either.  The parameters i’m using are:

target: forecast (in the new combined flow)
distribution: based on forecast

distribute by: part #

distribute from: current base flow

What am I missing?
Is there a way to pull over the aggregate forecast with out doing it per sku?

I realize that the granular customer level forecast may render odd but I’m less concerned with that to begin with so long as the aggregate per SKU rolls up to the currently existing forecast.

icon

Best answer by ghdp 29 October 2020, 14:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

IFS Demand Planner only consider Seasonal profiles for System Forecast. The effect of seasonal profile will only get get reflected in “Adjusted Forecast” , when you run the ‘System to Adjusted’ option. It will equate the ‘Adjusted Forecast’ value with ‘System Forecast’. 

I believe you can change the Adjusted Forecast at base flow level using the   ‘System to Adjusted’ option, where it will take the seasonal effect in to consideration. Later do the changes at combined flow level through Distribution Adjustment or manually change the value at combined flow level. This will facilitate your requirement.

Moreover, Distribution Adjustment is a very powerful tool, where you can manually change the distribution percentage and normalized the total accumulation based on user needs. You can generate the result and analysed those. If it makes the intended change you can apply the result to base flow levels.

Hope this will help you to proceed with customer.

Thanks a lot

Kind regards

Chanaka   

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

There’s not a simple way to go from an aggregate forecast in a base flow to replicating that forecast in a newly created (and more granular) combined flow.  

What can be done, however, is running distribute adjustment to get the split percentages for items and running the aggregate forecast against those and then importing it via the FORECAST_DAY table.  I ultimately started over from scratch, but I could see doing this if needed.