Question

Customer Order Lines are always in Released status

• 23 February 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 5 replies

Every module in IFS has the logic - first status planned and when ready to process release (purchase requisition, purchase order, sales quotation..) Apart from Customer Order whose lines are always in released status. That is causing our business troubles, parts not meant for MRP are considered by it, purchase requisitions are generated without project connection etc. We have to constantly search for ways to “trick” the system while our problems would be solved if also CO follows the general IFS logic. If there are business which want even planned lines to be considered in MRP, there is Release for MTRL planning option. 

Is there any way to preset CO having first planned status?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Magda,

What Version of IFS you are in at the moment, I think the issue needs to be investigated technically to check whether a custom event or some database trigger is causing this particular problem.

Badge +3

Hi Infaz,

I’m filiep, colleague of Magda. We are currently in IFS10 release. 6, but apart from that i have never seen the option to get a customer order line in a state of Planned.  The header yes, but never the lines.

You think/know that a planned status on the line should be possible?

br.F

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Vynfva,

I am sorry, I mistakenly thought it's Customer Order Header, this is by design but does it hinder other areas like @Magda states, if that's the case please dispatch a support case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi Infaz,

I think Magda is referring to the CO line statuses which are set to Released by default upon creation. This is the core application behavior as there is no status called ‘Planned’ for CO lines.

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @vynfva ,

Yes you are correct. For Customer Order Lines statuses are starting with Released status. There’s no Planned status for Customer Order Lines. This is the standard IFS Logic. Released means Plan status of the Customer Order line,  This is the reason users are allowed to cancel the CO lines only at Released status. And Planned COs are does not consider when performing the MRP So I’m assuming your scenarios may caused by any other setup you done in the Application. 

Regards,

Akila

Badge +3

Hi,

Our issue is that we require a project connection on the lines.  But when you add a CO line when the header is already released then the line get processed too. 

So if you have “purchase order trans” supply code on your line (what can be set with the “sourcing option” parameter from the sales part) your line gets processed right away, meaning that the purchase requisition line will get created and adding link to the project activity on the customer order is not possible anymore.

Badge +3

Hi,

Our issue is that we require a project connection on the lines.  But when you add a CO line when the header is already released then the line get processed too. 

So if you have “purchase order trans” supply code on your line (what can be set with the “sourcing option” parameter from the sales part) your line gets processed right away, meaning that the purchase requisition line will get created and adding link to the project activity on the customer order is not possible anymore.

Thus : Planned state on the line would save us there. 

So we don’t understand why the Planned status on CO lines is not following the same logic as all other entities in IFS .. planned - released - etc... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi All,

This issue has been previously submitted to R&D and assigned Enhancement Request # GRS 41141.   But the system is currently working as designed and if you want the application to work differently, a modification would be required.  

As per R&D;

“The system has been designed, the first status of a Customer Order Line is Released. And this implies that all released lines are visible for MRP as well as the Order Proposal, which was the intention of the current design.

If  there is a need for a status Planned for the CO line to handle the problem, this is not something that can be implemented in a bug fix only.”

Solution : 55811

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@Magda 

@vynfva 

When adding lines to an already released order - if you want to stop the automatic processing of Intransit functions, you need to change the Supply Code to Not Decided temporarily BEFORE saving the customer order line.  This stops any automatic action from occurring and also prevents MRP from planning the order line until you are ready.  Then you can connect the project activity and finish setup of the line as required.  Once the setup is complete, switch the Supply Code back to the Intransit or Shop Order or Invent Order Supply as required and then the line will truly ‘Release’.  You aren’t going to get the core functionality changed to have the lines entered as Planned.  But this is the work around, it works fine, just needs managed as part of your order amendment process.