Question

Continuous Numbers on Line No

• 5 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

I understand the Line No and Release No works based on a logic but my client isn’t satisfied with it.

When the Part Nos get repeated the Line No stays the same and the Release No gets updated.

Now, this poses a problem for my client as they have some suppliers whom they send the PO via EDI it has an impact on the EDI report to the customer as the interchange accepts only the individual numbers and discards the duplicate ones.

For identification of the same, conditional formatting was suggested and users are okay with it. 

But when it comes to the suppliers it becomes a problem.

Does anybody have a solution for this without customization? Or with Custom fields?

I know it can be handled with customization but want to know if the same can be handled in standard.

Client is using IFS 10 standard solution.

Any suggestion or help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Preetish Gautam Dehury

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you have an EDI converter, or some other message handler, in between, can’t you just merge the line_no and release_no like this when sending: line_no * 10000 + release_no? Then it is unique since you get 10001, 10002, …, 20001, 20001 etc.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Tomas Ruderfelt 

Let me check with the client if this works for them. Will surely update once communicated. :relaxed:

Regards,

Preetish Gautam Dehury