Solved

A user who has access to one company can create deals per part which belong to different sites in customer agreements. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Everyone,

User who has permission to access only one company can create a deals per part record where “base price site” is not included under assigned company. Based on the user permission, should this be not allowed? Please explain. 

icon

Best answer by Vimukthi Mahakumbura 4 May 2021, 13:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Everyone,

User who has permission to access only one company can create a deals per part record where “base price site” is not included under assigned company. Based on the user permission, should this be not allowed? Please explain. 

Hi Dilan,

I once worked with similar request (G2212736) from one of our customers and their users’ opinion was that this is wrong. However, we reported the concern to RnD and according to them, we learnt that this is the system behavior. Apparently this has been raised several times before too. We were asked to refer solutions 218548, 194015, 173631, 164768, 164316, 134574. I find solution 218548 very similar to your concern and if I quote, it says like this;

As pointed out by product architect, the goal when introducing usage of base prices in customer agreement/ deal per part with trade management program was to have no filtration and instead list all base prices. Even though the customer agreement is company specific, this flexibility was given to cater the usage of a central reference site which is used to define prices to be used in other sites as per the requirement then.”

I hope you will find this helpful.

Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi, @Vimukthi Mahakumbura  Thank you so much for the explanation. This is really helpful.