Question

Warehouse access management in IFS cloud

• 28 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Experts,

Can somebody throw light on warehouse access management in IFS cloud. Any Reference document would greatly help. 

Regards

Lokesh

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @XitLokesY, It is a pretty straight forward solution implemented newly in Cloud which has its origin to the global extension as per my knowledge - 

Window with the folder path, 

Field descriptions simply explain the system behaviour. 

For example - if a defined user-site-warehouse combination has value NO set for ‘Performing Inventory Transaction Allowed’, then the user is not allowed to perform inventory transactions in the specified combination.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @XitLokesY 

Searched for documentation, but could not get the same from help files. There is no direct help to this

Here is slightly more info, from what is already explained above. 

Imagine two warehouse users - one with a need to only perform reservations, and another with need to perform the transactions, but not reservation.

They can be defined within the warehouse access, as shown below

Note: Once we use this function, for a particular warehouse/site, the Third set of users , who can perform both reservation / transactions on this warehouse, should also be defined, if they exist. 

More in person, if need more info. Please connect :-) 

Regards

Vivek

Badge +1

Hi @XitLokesY 

Searched for documentation, but could not get the same from help files. There is no direct help to this

Here is slightly more info, from what is already explained above. 

Imagine two warehouse users - one with a need to only perform reservations, and another with need to perform the transactions, but not reservation.

They can be defined within the warehouse access, as shown below

Note: Once we use this function, for a particular warehouse/site, the Third set of users , who can perform both reservation / transactions on this warehouse, should also be defined, if they exist. 

More in person, if need more info. Please connect :-) 

Regards

Vivek

Hey @VivekBhandiwad / @Vimukthi Mahakumbura 

Any more information on this ? Is this available Out of the box in Cloud, without requiring the global extension/localization at company level ?

I’ve set a user in this screen as a test, that is supposed to only be able to reserve from a Warehouse, but no issue (so no transactions, only reservations).

It doesn’t actually seem to be doing anything ? The user can still issue parts from the Warehouse I’ve recorded as “reservations only” without any issue, for example from the “Issue Inventory Part” screen.

I’ve tried connecting the user to the warehouse (in Users Connected to Warehouses), or not connecting it, but this had no impact.

I’ve also tried setting the user as “No Reservations, only Issue”, but they also can still reserve to their hearts’ content, for example on a material requisition, so not sure what’s going on ?

Is there any particular setup that is required for getting this functionality to work, or is that screen effectively useless without the global extension/localization for the Czech, Poland, Hungary etc?