Question

Unable to authorize forwarded PO Authorization

• 29 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi!

We have a case where we have forwarded the PO authorization to a person with higher Max Amount for PO, but the person the authorization was forwarded to is still not able to authorize.

The rule has the setting Include all steps and consider limits.
The routing template has one step that goes to a project role ‘PL’ as Authorizer.

In the documentation on forwarding it says:

• The person you forward to must already exist as a purchasing authorizer.
  • The authorizer must have an authorization limit that is equal or exceeds the amount on the purchase requisition line or on the purchase order, if the step is defined with the authorization role Authorizer (and not Acknowledger),

These requirements are fulfilled in this case.

Example:

Person A has project role PL with max amount of 250 000.
The PO is for 300 000 and is connected to the Project.
Person A cannot authorize the PO, so he sends it to Person B that has a max amount of 800 000.
Person B still cannot authorize.

Can someone clarify why Person B cannot authorize?

We are running IFS Cloud 22R1.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @TieGabriH ,

Probably the issue might be with the permissions. Could you please check whether the person B has the permission set required to perform authorization.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@TieGabriH is by any chance Person B also setup as substitute for Person A? If this is the case, it seems it is intended behaviour that substitutes cannot approve forwarded PO Authorization requests.

See more details in the below post:

Badge +2

Thanks for the replies! :)

In the case I described, I haven’t used any substitute functionality. 

I have found an answer for my question though. The answer lies in the Routing Template.

If the original Authorization Step is assigned to Person A, you forward the authorization to Person B, and Person B tries to Authorize. Then IFS checks the amount against the step in the Routing Template. That means, it still checks against Person A’s max amount.