Solved

Supplier Shipment 22R2

• 21 March 2023
  • 8 replies

As in the new release, the Supplier Shipmet was updated, I am wondering why on site lelvel the checkbox “Finalize Supplier Shipment Automatically” is still available?

As supplier returns will now fully be proceeded throughout the Shipment (Source Type “Purchase Receipt Return):

So why the overview “Supplier Shipment” and “Supplier Shipment Lines” are still available if it’s not usable? There is no way to generate a Supplier Shipment anymore.

icon

Best answer by Deepal 21 March 2023, 16:08

View original

8 replies

Badge +3

Hi Dario , 

Rental return will still use the supplier shipment and that is the reason those mentioned pages and functionality remains for now. Hope this answer your question . If not please contact again .

regards

Deepal 

Badge +3

Just to mention , “Finalize Supplier Shipment Automatically”  field in Site will only applicable to deliver supplier shipment automatically for return rental .

Anyway if there is a need to automate normal shipment for supplier return(except return rental) , then it is possible to use Shipment type which can be defined in Supplier/Address /Outbound Address information tab.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Deepal 

Hi Deepal,

I have a quick question. 

In IFS previous version, the supplier shipment was created automatically once we returned the parts from the Receipt screen. 

Here in 22R2,  no shipment is created at the time of returning the parts from the receipt screen, right?

Do we always need to create a shipment for supplier return manually via the Shipment screen?

Many thanks, 

NayD

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Just to mention , “Finalize Supplier Shipment Automatically”  field in Site will only applicable to deliver supplier shipment automatically for return rental .

I created a supplier return from a rental purchase order (inter-company rental). The supplier shipment is created, but not finalized automatically although the setting on site level says it should.

I assume it should automatically finalize, right? Or is my expectation wrong?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Deepal 

Hi Deepal,

I have a quick question. 

In IFS previous version, the supplier shipment was created automatically once we returned the parts from the Receipt screen. 

Here in 22R2,  no shipment is created at the time of returning the parts from the receipt screen, right?

Do we always need to create a shipment for supplier return manually via the Shipment screen?

Many thanks, 

NayD

Hi NayD,

You can create a shipment type with the receipt return option as ‘At Report Return’ and connect this shipment type to the supplier under address > outbound address information sub tab. This will process the shipment automatically.

Regards,

Arunalu

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I created a supplier return from a rental purchase order (inter-company rental). The supplier shipment is created, but not finalized automatically although the setting on site level says it should.

Hi,

How does your shipment type setup look like?

Regards,

Arunalu

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

How does your shipment type setup look like?

Regards,

Arunalu

It is the supplier shipment functionality that is available for returning rental lines, there is no shipment type associated to it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi, 

You can set automatic creation of shipment for Receipt Returns via the shipment type connected to the supplier as below;
1. Go to supplier > Address > Outbound Address Information
2. Add Shipment type

3. Go to the added shipment type
4. Change the value to "At Report Return" for the Receipt Return in Shipment Creation.

Hope this helps, thanks.