Question

Supplier Owned Inventory

• 29 April 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

We are opening this ticket to confirm our understanding of consignment inventory as it relates to inventory valuation method.  In reading IFS documentation, it appears as if only the Std Cost valuation method is compatible with an ownership value of Consignment set on the Supplier for Purchase Part.  Is there any configuration or work around that would allow the use of FIFO, LIFO or WAC with consignment ownership.  

If std cost is our only option, than I must admit I am disappointed as an IFS user that we must accept this limitation in order to use consignment functionality.  If consignment inventory is truly financial irrelevant, then valuation methods and value creation are only relevant at the time the inventory is moved from a consignment location to a company owned location.  In other words there should be no financial postings created until the inventory is moved to a company owned location. Yet via the M60/M61 posting controls, entries are created, presumably to offsetting accounts to achieve a net 0 impact.  If I am correct, a more correct approach and better design would have been to write to write the code to create qty but no $.  

0 replies

Be the first to reply!