Question

Stationary managing process

• 21 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I want to implement stationary management process in IFS9 my requirement are  

1. Relevant department or location requesting the stationary items 
  1.  procurement is purchasing the items and items will store in stationary warehouse location 
  2. procurement will issue the request items and items should be reduce from stock location  
  3. cost should be share to relevant department or location 

i want to know the process steps to do the above requirement 

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Just by reading the requirement lines, I would suggest to create Inventory Parts in stock locations where PO receipts will fill the required stationery stock. You can also track of stock cost per location or department if different location groups are maintained in the system. After period closure one can query for Inventory Value per Location Groups to see the cost distribution.

Issue from Inventory can be easily performed using Material Requisition which is a soft issue process in IFS.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

what are the steps after material requisition 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Material Requisition has only two steps 

• Reserve Materials
  • Issue 

Also there is an unissue option if you need to reverse the flow.

I mean this is the simplest form of issuing IFS supports among other generic concepts like Shop Order /Customer Order / Work Task issues.

It all depend on the business process in focus.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

thanks for reply but how can i access the stationary warehouse from different location 

as example stationary warehouse located in head office. and material requisition  raise from different site 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@anuradhauh 

The Material Requisition will generate demand in IFS which can be picked up by MRP to perform a ‘Purchase’ or Distribution Order from the Supply Site. Once that has been received at the Demand site you can complete the Material Requisition Process. 

You could also implement stock at the demand site and get IFS to either replenish via MRP or use an Order Point type replenishment. 

Regards

Lee

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

my Idea is this i want to create a stationary issue process in IFS my points are 

Stationary purchase from Head Office 

Main Stationery location create in  Head office 

site A request stationary items from head office 

head office issue the request stationery items to site A

cost should be share to site A

no need to create a warehouse in site A

my main requirements are Stocks should be properly deducted from head office warehouse and head office stationery costs should be deducted and share to site A cost.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @anuradhauh 

Unfortunately, IFS doesn’t work the way you want it to. If your moving physical items from one site to another you must have inventory locations at the demand site to receive the item into. 

You can 100% create CRIM’s to automate elements of the standard process but fundamentally in IFS it is the Buy and Sell process. Either using CO and PO or Distribution Orders. 

In the case of Inter-Site there isn’t really any movement of Cost because the inventory is owned by the Company not the Site. You won’t get an invoice generated with an inter-site transaction. 

Regards

Lee

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

understand can we create a shared warehouse in IFS (one warehouse share for all sites)