Split Purchase Order/Centralized Purchasing

• 17 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

do you know how to split existing purchasing order to multiple site?

we have supplier material purchasing order has pretty long lead time. we will not know how much belguim site needed until the purchase order is placed.

can centrialized purcahsing order handle this scenario?

Thank you.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Ron, I appreciate if you could elaborate this scenario. what are the multiple sites involved? how are they connected in the flow?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura thank you for your reply.

We have a product needs to route to 2 suppliers in USA, and final supplier in China. It is working well if we place at Canada only. recently, Belgium site is also requesting the same, but Belgium will not know exact quantity to order until the Canada PO is placed. 

so for Canada PO, for example, 100 PCS product, 40 is for Belgium, and 60 is for Canada. hence we need to split the PO into different destinations.

my proposed solution listed below, let me know if i was wrong.

1. place PO 100PCS at Canada site, release rest of the orders.
  2. Once the quantity is assured, place the PO at Belgium site and send order to Canada, Canada approve it and internal customer order is created.
  3. for this internal customer order, do a manual pegging to the PO that placed prior ordering 100 PCS. i.e. 40 PCS
  4. receive the 100PCS at Canada site, leave 60 at Canada site and ship 40 PCS to Belgium.

We would like China supplier can ship directly to Belgium, it is not feasible as the solution listed above.

Thank you.