Solved

Sourcing Rules to allow Invent Order and then Purch Order Trans for balance/shortage

• 17 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I am trying to set up a Sourcing Rule that will select Invent Order where stock exists, but then automatically order any remaining order shortage from the Primary Supplier. So a Customer Order for 10 parts with 5 parts in stock and available. I want the Sourcing Rule to process the 5 parts that are available as Invent Order, and then raise a Purchase Requisition for the remaining 5 parts on the Primary Supplier. for the part. Is this possible? I can only get the Sourcing Rule to select the option that satisfies the whole order quantity, so ignoring the stock available where there is a shortage.  

icon

Best answer by jabous 17 May 2021, 17:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It’s a prerequisite that you need to define the lead times in the supply chain matrix to work the souring rule. When using Int Purch Trans, you need to define the supply chain matrix for the customer from your demand site and supply chain matrix for demand site from the supply site etc. As far as I know, your request is not possible in the application and this can be done as a customization.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi,

To achieve your requirement, you must use the manually source a customer order line where the supply code is Not Decided.

In your example, 5pcs source from inventory and balance 5 pcs from PT.

Once you released the customer order according to the above source references the CO line will be split into two.

BR,

Indika

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

See the attached screen shots.  They are for IFS version 7.5, but the process is the same.  Please let me know if this information helps you to resolve your issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @CooAlastL ,

I think you can achieve this through a custom event with a PLSQL execution type event action. When the customer order is released (before released), the event to be triggered and action to be performed such that it looks through the available qty in inventory and then substitute the sales qty from the available qty (conditions can be set as sales qty > available qty) and with that new_qty duplicate the original order line and change the supply code to Int Purch Trans or any other desired supply code and then release the customer order.

So, the event is triggered when the order status changed from Planned to Released and executes before the change (so the actions are executed before releasing the order).

Thank you and Best Regards

Thushitha

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

See the attached screen shots.  They are for IFS version 7.5, but the process is the same.  Please let me know if this information helps you to resolve your issue.

Yes.. this is the way. Your requirements can be satisfied by defining appropriate sourcing rule.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thanks to all. The manual sourcing option using a sourcing rule won’t be an option due to the volume of orders and speed of process required.  Good to know that I haven’t missed anything with regards to the sourcing rule set up as there doesn’t seem to be a way of doing what is needed using standard IFS functionality.