Solved

Show Only New/Changed Lines

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

On the Purchase order Change order - What is the filter condition behind “Show Only New/Changed Lines”

icon

Best answer by Dumeesha Wanigarathna 2 March 2021, 12:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Your purchase order may have many lines, but only few need to be changed with POCO. So, with this option it will only retrieve  change/add lines (simply any modifications done compare to PO lines) for the POCO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @geminirajesh ,

This will show only the newly added or modified lines from the PO Change order out of all PO lines .

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Piyal, Hi Susith,

Thanks for the reply. I get the reason what the check box does.

I’m trying to use this condition on my report for showing “only” the Changed/New lines.

The Purch_Chg_Ord_line shows few other lines also and the ObjState/Status column for all those lines are same. When I hit this check box, it show only the lines that were “really” changed.

So I want to use that condition on my report to show only the changed lines rather than showing all from Purch_Chg_Ord_Line

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I think you can use “Line Status” column easily for your requirement.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I think you can use “Line Status” column easily for your requirement.

Hi Piyal,

Unfortunately, Line_Status isn’t helpful.. please see the attached before and after difference

BEFORE

AFTER

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Aha.. status of the PO line ‘Cancelled”, you may have to filter out. That line noting to do with POCO.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Aha.. status of the PO line ‘Cancelled”, you may have to filter out. That line noting to do with POCO.

If you look at the before picture.. you will see line items 14,15,16 etc also are cancelled.

i.e. Line_No 22,23 has same status as Line_No 14,15,16 etc

So I’m sure that the check box is using something different.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi,

The reason for the 14,15,16 lines NOT to appear in this POCO is those were cancelled/changed using a different change order and not by this particular one you are currently in. So they will not be qualified as changes done via this particular POCO.

I think this helps to understand the behavior.

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hmm.. That results seems bit strange. Why line 22,23 coming with this filtration?  Those two records shouldn’t come. Am I correct?

This is the main part of the logic used for this check box

( OBJSTATE IN ('New', 'Changed') OR (OBJSTATE = 'Cancelled' AND AO.Purchase_Order_Line_API.Get_Objstate(ORDER_NO,LINE_NO,RELEASE_NO) != 'Cancelled'))

Unfortunately, I can’t recreate your issue. Do you have any clue to recreate this type of data set?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

You may need to check what is the underline query executing for the given records to be shown in your environment. As mentioned by Piyal the given lines will not be shown in latest reference environments.   

WHERE condition given by Piyal is executing for the instance where PO and POCO line is cancelled. As per the condition IFSAPP.Purchase_Order_Line_API.Get_Objstate(order_no, line_no, release_no) != 'Cancelled' the given lines should not be shown. Some times that condition is as follows.

IFSAPP.Purch_Line_Revision_Status_API.Get_Purch_Revision_Status_Db(order_no, line_no, release_no) != 'UNCHANGED'

That means the ‘Revision_Status_Db’ is changing as per the example .. You need to check  the query for your example

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello,

You may need to check what is the underline query executing for the given records to be shown in your environment. As mentioned by Piyal the given lines will not be shown in latest reference environments.   

Hi Dumeesha,

Thanks for your reply.. 

Do you know how can I see what query is executing when that checkbox is clicked ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

If you are using the IEE client then use the Debug  Console. You can find it under Tools menu option. You can tick and untick  and check the query executing in the debug console. Use copy/copy special option to copy the query and execute it in pl sql or sql developer or etc ..