Solved

Shelf life for purchase part

• 5 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi All,

I use IFS 8. There is shelf life for a few purchase parts. For example, the rice shelf life is 6 months. 

1. Is there a place to enter in 6 months or 180 Days in system? There are 4 fields about shelf life in Iventory Part, tab acquisition. But seems it is not for purchased part.

2  And I want to enter part manufacture date & expiring date only for these parts when Register Purchase Order Arrivals. Is it possible?

icon

Best answer by Pilar Franco 2 October 2023, 10:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

1. Expiration date is handled in inventory, so then an inventory purchase part can have the shelf life configured in corresponding inventory part.
  2. Yes, it’s possible to setup the expiration date during purchase order arrival. System automatically calcultes it as per the shelf life configuration, but it can be manually modified. Is there any problem with this?

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Pilar Franco 

Really! That is wonderful!

Could you please give some  instruction for the first question?  What’s the function name? What is the tab name? Maybe more information,. Thanks! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

You just need to configure the shelf life parameters in Inventory part/Acquisition tab:

And then, when receiving the purchase order, system retrieves automatically the Expiration date according the configured shelf life, but you can also modify it manually, before receiving, if needed:

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Pilar Franco 

We have some glue parts.  The shelf life is 18 months. The manufacture date is marked on box. 

I do test with one glue part.  I keyin the shelf life days 540. The system give expiredate automatically with systemdate + 540 days when Register Purchase Order Arrivals. But this is not we want. Warehouse staff will look the manufacture date on box and calculate then change expiredate manual. This will cause 2 question.

1. User may calculate incorrectly.
  2. User may forget to change the expiredate.

Is it possible to implement followed requirements?

1. There is is a place to keyin manufacture date. System will calculate expiredate based on it and shelf life days.
  2. If a part’s shelf life days  is not null, system will give warning when user forget keyin manufacture date.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

Once the shelf life is configured, system will always suggest the expiration date in receive dialog of register arrival. So then, it won’t be null. Also, there is no possibility to insert the manufacture date in receive dialog with configuration. This can be done only customizing the dialog window with a development. 

But I can think of the following:

1. You can insert the manufacture date in Actual Delivery Date field, so system will then calculate correct expiration date. If needed, you can create a custom event when receiving into stock to validate the expiration date against the Actual Delivery Date and confirm this expiration date was calculated properly
  2. In case you use serial tracking parts, you can insert the Manufactured date in Part Serial and once this is done you coud trigger a custom event that modifies actual expiration date with the one calculated as per the shelf life in inventory part.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Sorry, I forgot to mention that you can also use a lot-tracking part and insert the Manufactured Date in Lot Batch master. Then, trigger the same automatic calculation for expiration date with a custom event upon updating the Lot Batch Master Manufactured Date.