Question

Reverse consume of consignment stock

• 18 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

In IFS app10, we are using supplier consignment stock. When using this functonnality below

• Consume or do not consume when moving parts

When you move parts between inventory locations, you have a choice of whether to consume the parts. Make this choice in the dialog box that is shown when moving the parts from a consignment stock location.

If by mistake they pick yes, I am not able to find how to reverse that transaction.

Those are the transaction code i wish to see.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello, We are currently interested in this functionality as well. We experienced that if you consume something that you did not want to, it is a timely and lengthy process to replace the part that you have consumed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You can only trigger COUNSUCONS from CO-reverse type transactions, i.e. by an unissue or a return. For moving inventory between locations, there is no reverse possible. Practically what you would do is to take the stock back into previous location. However, this wont be possible due to the ownership difference. 
You will be able to replace the qty back by doing Counting changes. CO-RETURN transaction will be created towards the consignment stock location. 
@abrickley @Philou99