Skip to main content
Question

Restricting parts to be purchased from a particular supplier

• 16 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello All,

I am new to IFS and would like to know if there is certain functionality in IFS using which I can restrict certain parts to be bought by only particular supplier (restrictions are required at Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order level)
After going through some doicumentati0on I do came across Approved Supplier List window, but I am not sure if it's going to work, as I tried to create a PO and PR for Not Approved supplier, and I was able to release them.

Please let me know if it can be achieved using existing functionality in IFS using any screens 

Also, it would be great if someone an explain the purpose of Approved Supplier List window.

Thanks in advance

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Is there functionality to restrict a Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order from proceeding if the Supplier and Part do not have a Purchase Group linked or the same Purchase Group linked.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello.

Normally you connect purchase parts with specific suppliers in menu “supplier for purchase part”. Later if you create PR or PO this part can be only bought from those connected suppliers.

Regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @SaaAvinak ,

As mentioned by @Stefan.Schuetze, the connection between a purchase part and a supplier is established in ‘Supplier for Purchase Part’ screen. To restrict certain parts to be bought by only particular supplier, you have two options available.

1. Establish the connection for the relevant purchase parts only with the selected supplier
  2. If there are ‘Supplier for Purchase Part’ records available for the relevant purchase parts with multiple Suppliers, you can deactivate ‘Supplier for Purchase Part’ records for the restricted Suppliers from ‘Active’ toggle button as shown in below screenshot

Regarding your query on Approved Supplier List, you may refer below link to understand the purpose and use of it.

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/24r1/default.htm?openpage=https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/24r1/Procurement/ActivityASLEnterASL.htm

Regards,
Kethaka