Question

Restrict supersede Authorization in IFS APPS 8

• 29 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello Community,

We are using IFS  APPS 8 SP 1.

After creating Purchase orders we have defined two level authorization for releasing Purchase Orders. 1.First Level (User level) who has created the PO. 2.Second Level(manager level) he authorizes the created PO by the buyer. First level user can not cannot authorize second level but he is using supersede Authorization option. We need to restrict it.

How Can I do this please help.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Deepak ,

Supersede Authorization is available for any user who has been defined as a purchase authorizer in the purchase authorization basic data, and have the access to the option through permissions.

So, in your case, the user has been defined as a purchase authorizer, and it should be, because he/she needs to authorize the first level authorization.

So, you have to restrict the Supersede authorization option for the user by revoking the relevant permission. You can find which roles have access to this option as below.

Go to the New Permission Set window, and Database Objects tab.

Under Purchasing >» PurchaseOrderApproval >» PURCHASE_ORDER_APPROVAL_API ,

there is the database object Supersede_Authorization

Select and right click on it and select “Show Grantees” to see the permission sets it has been granted to.

Searching for those permission sets through the same window, and right click on it and Revoke, you can remove the supersede authorization access to the relevant permission set, and in return, to the users having that permission set.

Searching the relevant permission sets in the same window, and revoking the access to the Supersede Authorization

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Deepak ,

Although the above is from App9, those should be same in App8 also

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@ThushAsanka thank you so much for your help.

I have found these roles in test environment.I am removing it from the permission sets.

Regards

Deepak Navale