Question

Restrict Editing on Supplier Electronic Payment Addresses screen

• 29 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 87 replies

Our Finance team have asked whether its possilbe on the Supplier Electronic Payment Addresses screen, to restrict editing of bank details (i.e. account number and and branch number (BSB)) to only be possible when Blocked for Use is checked?

Currently, it appears the bank account details can be changed at any time.

I was unable to locate any information in the very limited documentation for this screen.

I know we can likely do it as a Custom Event Action but first want to see if there is an existing configuration which can achieve this.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

I’m not very familiar with this window, as it belongs to Finance area, but I would say that checking the ‘Blocked for Use’ checkbox would block the use of such Payment Address Id, so I guess this is not an option for your requirement.

If edit of bank details is restricted by user or group or users, you can do it by configuring and assigning read-only permission for such user/s.

If you need to block the edit depending on other conditions, I would create a custom field (only visible for super users deciding to block or not) and then a custom event to avoid any change in Bank details y such custom field is enabled.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Pilar Franco,

Yes you are correct, the Blocked For Use would just tell the system to not pay to that item. I think our team want to use it as a sort of accidental edit protection too.

I agree it sounds like only options are to either restrict edit access on this screen more than it currently is, and/or do a custom configuration.