Solved

Refill Remote Warehouse - Transport Task/Shipment Order

• 22 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear All,

I am in a situation where I want to automatically be informed when remote warehouses need to be refilled.

To do so I have define my Remote Warehouse as a putaway zone, I have created a Remote warehouse parts assortments with refill order point and refill to qty with Refill source = inventory. The remote warehouse planning is ok. On site level I have set Transport Task automatic consolidation by multiple parts.

So when I now run the ‘Refill all putaway zones’ it auto creates my transport task to move the goods from my main warehouse to the remote warehouse. So far so good.

But now: actually I do not want to use a Transport Task but rather a Shipment Order. As indictaed on the “About Shipment Order” help page. Transport Tasks are good to move stullwithin the 4 walls of your building. Now I have a remote warehouse (the definition of remote being= not within the 4 walls of my building :-)), so I would like to use the shipment flow that is available in the Shipment Order process to ship the goods to a geogrpahical location outside my main warehouse building.

How can I do this?

Best Regards

Roel

icon

Best answer by Fredrik Johansson LKP 28 February 2022, 16:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

We are actually currently looking at the possibility of using Shipment Order for the refill. We want to add this in the coming releases of IFS Cloud. Next roadmap for IFS Cloud will be presented spring 2022, so you can keep an eye if it is included there or not.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

There is any solution to use a shipment order for the refill on IFSAPP 9 ? 

Regards,

Nicolas.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

No, we will add this in IFS Cloud hopefully sooner than later. Hopefully next release or the release after.

I guess it doesn’t help you as you are on APPS9?

Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@Timmermans Roel Shipment orders for remote warehouse refill are enabled soon in 22R2. Good news here !