Received - Not Yet Invoiced - Clearing of

• 9 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 4 replies

Hi

I have a lot of transactions haging on the Received Not Yet invoiced account.

We have received some small shipments for free.

We have received more goods than ordered and will not get an invoice for that.

I all other ERP-systems I have worked with there was a functionality to clean out this account by marking the purchase orders and move the balance to the order to the P&L (price deviation account).

Is there a similar function in IFS

Søren

icon

Best answer by jabous 9 July 2021, 17:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Do you use inventory purchase or non-inventory items?

In case you are using inventory, I think you can create zero-value (net, tax and gross) dummy invoice with PO reference, than you can match small shipment items you have received at price zero. 

In case of over-receipt (received more than ordered) zero-value matching should be done at last invoice for PO (without dummy one)

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks Adam

we are using inventory and non-inventory purchase but mainly inventory.

I’m I bit surprised that there is not functionality to easy / mass close purchase orders with a balance.

Making dummy invoices will be an extremely slow process.

Søren

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can enter a closed date on the Purchase Order Receipt to remove the PO from the RNYI report. This should only be done, if you do not want to enter a Supplier Invoice for the receipt. Please see the attached screen shots.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

But when having 61 pages of purchase orders with a remaining difference, we need a fulltime person to sit and close these 

:o)  Søren

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @DKSSI ,

If your business gets free shipment only, you can move stocks to the system using the “ Receive inventory window” yet as I understood, you are receiving than what you order. 

If Zero invoice is cumbersome to you, you can follow below method.

First manually set the Closed date at receipt window ( Please set after invoicing the ordered quantity)

Then post a manual voucher  against the balance ( free sample value ) of M10/M91 account (​​​​​ Received Not Yet invoiced account.)

After following both above options, you will have correct value in  Received Not Yet invoiced report.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I have a question on populating the Closed Date on the receipt - I have successfully created an external file load to do this, and tested in our test instance of IFS.  Can anyone tell me if populating this field with a file load is acceptable, or is this something that should not be done, even though it can be done?

Badge +4

But I think the whole point is why - if the PO line is for zero dollars why would we have to generate a zero dollar invoice just to get the receipt closed?  Why would we have to manually or through file upload have to enter a close date?  Why doesn’t the system recognize zero dollars doesn’t require any invoice?  Can this be controlled at the supplier record?