Solved

Receive with Serials

• 27 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We receive PO lines with serials in our daily business. Those PO lines have charges distributed by amount. But let’s say, we receive only 200 out of the 500 PO line quantity, the total charges get allocated to that lot of 200 only. The next lot of 300 has zero charges allocated. Hence the Unit value of the inventory is significantly less compared to the first receipt. Is there a way to overcome this in IFS?

icon

Best answer by AsankaGaru 27 June 2021, 22:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

I think what you need to utilize is the ‘Distribute on Receipt’ checkbox. (‘Distribute on amount’ checkbox  you mentioned, is used to distribute the charge amount among the purchase order lines, useful when you have multiple PO lines)

For example:- If your PO has 2 PO lines with 5 serials each, and you have a charge with 1000 GBP, with both ‘Distribute on amount’ and ‘Distribute on receipt’..

When you receive 2 serials for the 1st PO line, .2 of the charge would be absorbed for the total receipt (100 GBP each). When the remaining 3 serials of 1st PO line is received,  they will absorb another .3 of the charge (100 GBP each)

[Whereas, if you did not have the  ‘Distribute on receipt’ checkbox, receiving just 2 serials from the 1st PO line with consume .5 of the charge and a subsequent receipt of 3 serials against the 1st PO line will not consider any charge amounts.]

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi

As mentioned by @AsankaGaru you can use the below Distribute charge By options along with the Distribute on Receipt check box selected in the relevant purchase charge type window.

Per Amount: Each purchase order line will have a charge cost proportional to the total purchased value per line compared to the total order value.

Per Weight: Each purchase order line will have a charge cost proportional to the weight per line compared to the total order weight.

Per Volume: Each purchase order line will have a charge cost proportional to the volume per line compared to the total order volume.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi,

I think what you need to utilize is the ‘Distribute on Receipt’ checkbox. (‘Distribute on amount’ checkbox  you mentioned, is used to distribute the charge amount among the purchase order lines, useful when you have multiple PO lines)

For example:- If your PO has 2 PO lines with 5 serials each, and you have a charge with 1000 GBP, with both ‘Distribute on amount’ and ‘Distribute on receipt’..

When you receive 2 serials for the 1st PO line, .2 of the charge would be absorbed for the total receipt (100 GBP each). When the remaining 3 serials of 1st PO line is received,  they will absorb another .3 of the charge (100 GBP each)

[Whereas, if you did not have the  ‘Distribute on receipt’ checkbox, receiving just 2 serials from the 1st PO line with consume .5 of the charge and a subsequent receipt of 3 serials against the 1st PO line will not consider any charge amounts.]

Thanks @AsankaGaru, I will test this and come back to you within the week if I get any question