Solved

Query regarding returning a part which is already scrapped

• 8 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

We are using IFS Apps 8.0, We have Scrapped a Inventory part in IFS 8.0 Test environment.

Initially the On hand qty was 6 and now it has changed to 0 since we’ve scrapped all 6 quantities.

We have undergone this testing in ‘Scrap Inv part screen’ in Test environment.

Is it possible to retrieve the scrapped 6 quantities back into IFS stock.

I have checked through +ve counting in ‘Count per Inventory part’, Can this be a solution to this?

Or is there any setting for doing undo scrap?

Please let us know if there’s any bug ID or fix which is already in place or provided, will be really helpful.

Hoping to hear from the team soon!

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 8 July 2021, 18:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Venkat04,

In APPs 8, you won’t have the functionality of Undo Scrap Inventory. This is available in latest versions. 

There is no such patches for APPs8 in introducing this, but RnD has suggested the use of Custom Events to Warn users before Scrapping. If you have the visibility, please check solution 242169.

However, reversing the scrap qty back to inventory would be situational as I understand. So situationally you can decide on which way is better to get the qty back to inventory. Of course, counting back In would be a good idea too. You should also think how you want to reverse the postings created too. Maybe a data repair.

However, I am glad you have done this in TEST, and you shall consider the above solution to enable a warning. Also I noticed many customers have developed Customizations enabling Undo Inventory Scrap.

Thank you.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

There is no undo for scrap.

You can count back in or you can receive inventory part.  I would recommend receive inventory part as the path, but with a project that is pre-posted to reverse the posting effect of the scrap and new inventory receipt.

To further isolate this function, we have created a permission set to be unique to just the various places the scrap function can be used, then only assign that on an individual basis based on manager’s approval, in this way, only designated and responsible individuals have the permission to use the RMB.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Thanks ALL!

How to rollback the scrapped Transaction in terms of Finance?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Earlier in this thread, you mentioned later verisions of IFS you can undo scrap.  We are using APPS 9.  Is this functionality available in this version?  If so, how so we do it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Venkat04 @Tenecia.Seeley Undo Scrap Inventory screen located inside Warehouse Management / Part Handling folder in IFS is the way to go. I have it in App10, can’t really remember if App9 had it. You just have to input the value in the field ‘Inventory Qty to Correct’ and save. IFS will generate a transaction with the code INVSCPCOR Undo Scrapping in Inventory with the minus values of the previously scrapped values

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I dont see it in APPS 9 so I’m guessing its only in 10.

Badge +2

There is no undo for scrap.

You can count back in or you can receive inventory part.  I would recommend receive inventory part as the path, but with a project that is pre-posted to reverse the posting effect of the scrap and new inventory receipt.

To further isolate this function, we have created a permission set to be unique to just the various places the scrap function can be used, then only assign that on an individual basis based on manager’s approval, in this way, only designated and responsible individuals have the permission to use the RMB.

Hi. do you know how come there is a transaction code for it in App9 if it doesn´t exist as a function?

KR