Question

Purchase Requisitions defaulting to Manufacturing days (5 day calendar)

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello, we just went live with Apps10 and MRP is calculating Purchase Lead Time in Manufacturing Days (Monday-Friday schedule). We expect it to run using calendar days (7 day calendar). There are no supplier calendars set up and the help indicates, “If no value is entered in the field, an all day calendar will be used.“ 

I am confident it is a setting that needs changed, but I can’t seem to find it. Any help is appreciated. 

Also, we are using Safety Stock to drive demand. Sorry for the vague description, but I feel like there is a simple solution. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can set the distribution and manufacturing calendars in site window. Could you please check the calendar setting in there?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

These are both set to default (*) which is a 5 day calendar. However, our suppliers do not have a calendar so we expected that to default to 7 day (help pasted in the initial post). 

We validated against our apps9 settings and these were the same. Both set to default (*) which was a 5 day calendar. 

However, we reviewed the enhancement list between apps9, upd10 to apps10, upd10 and realized Safety Stock demand is planned differently now. It no longer plans in the past and utilizes the Distribution Calendar to forward schedule. 

Thank you for driving me toward this solution. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Update after further testing, our lead times are accurate based on Latest Order Date on the PO. We are now focusing on why latest order date is pushed out beyond today.