Question

Purchase Req connected to a Project - Apps 8

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi all,

We have a purchase req that was raised off a project and authorised, however the req is no longer required so we have got it back to planned status but when we go to the project to cancel the supply request the req is not showing in the demand tab. It is showing in the Supply and Connections but I cannot cancel the request. 

Subesquently the project activity has now been cancelled so I can no longer push the req through to order with a zero balance. 

Can anyone advise on how I can get rid of this purchase requisition?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @HayleyG ,

Did you try the RMB option “Refresh Project Connections” in the below window ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Tharindu,

Yes we have tried that but has made no difference unfortunately, the activity is still in Cancelled status and the purchase req lines are still not visible in the Demand tab to be able to cancel the supply request.

Kind regards,

Hayley

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @HayleyG ,

According to the standard design Purchase Req Lines are not shown in the Demand tab. Since it is a supply those will be shown only in the Supply tab. When you cancel the activity it generally removes the Misc. Parts demand and the corresponding Purchase Req Line. 

Could you please put some screenshots of the Activity, Demand tab/Misc. Parts tab, Supply tab/Pur Req Lines tab, Purchase Requisition, etc. ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Tharindu,

Apologies for the delayed response. Please see screenshots attached.

Appreciate your help with this.

Kind regards

Hayley

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @HayleyG ,

I had a look on the document. 

This seems like an issue in the application. Perhaps there are bugfixes but I’m not 100% sure.

Since you are trying to avoid the financial impact here, how about setting the Price/Curr in the Purchase Req Line to value “0”.  With that the Planned Committed Cost in the project will be set to “0”.

However, if you still want this line to be completely removed from project connections then I believe you will have to go for a data repair.