Solved

Purchase Req Authorization Set-up

• 8 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

We are in IFS9 - I need to set-up an authorization Routing template or rule - not sure which might have what I need, that will allow me to have a back-up authorizer.  In other words, we only need one person to authorize, but we want to add another to cover when they are not available.  

I have it set-up in the Routing template with both Authorizers at Step No 10 - but that requires both to authorize.  If I change the set-up so the Step No are 10 & 20, it still requires both to authorize but in an order.

Is there a way to have 2 individuals but only require 1 authorization?  If not through the template, may another option?  

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by MELuther 8 March 2023, 23:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I previously worked in 9. I now only have access to 10, but I believe the process should be the same.

In Purchase Authorization Basic Data, you need Authorizers.
Then you can create an Authorization Group with your 2 authorizers.
For the Authorization Routing Template, you can add a single step with the Authorization Group ID you just created. 
Then in Purchase Requisition Authorization Rule, you can create an Authorization Rule and use the Routing Template ID linked to the authorization group for your 2 authorizers. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Thank You!  We haven’t worked with Authorization Groups so that was exactly what I needed😃