Solved

Purchase Parts

• 23 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 3 replies

Does anyone know what “the role” is called so I can ask our IT department to add this to my user so I can do changes in Purchase Parts?  I can do changes in Purchase Part but not Purchase PartS.

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 4 July 2021, 03:25

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The Logical Unit is PurchasePart and the Package is PURCHASE_PART_API.  But there is very little you can do from the Overview screen.  I have full IT permissions, I can’t Add or Delete from this view if that is what you intend to do.  There are some edits to existing records that can be done from here, but it is a relatively limited view.

New, Delete, Save As Template are all disabled functions from this view as far as I know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

HI @ninam ,

As per standard design, you are not able to edit/change on overview windows. Yet, you can alwyas RMB ( Right mouse button ) and go to required record to perform changes.

If you look into above navigator image , overview windows are shown different than none-Overview windows. Further you could explore ability to edit values on overview windows using custom filed (Persistent Fields etc) functionality. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

HI @ninam ,

As per standard design, you are not able to edit/change on overview windows. Yet, you can alwyas RMB ( Right mouse button ) and go to required record to perform changes.

I disagree that this is standard design, I can edit/change lots of fields on overview windows.  Many can also be updated using find and replace.  So editing is not a problem.  Adding New or using Delete I would agree is disabled as standard.  Modify is always allowed even if restricted for some fields.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi..

Thanks.. just but too bad it wasn’t the answer I was hoping for. :) 
I guess I need to ask IT to help me change this with a script instead.

I agree with @ShawnBerk .. in all other “overwiew windows” I use daily I can edit/change and use “edit/replace” that’s why I really thought it was something I could get access for. 

@Xavier Fernando - Yes I know I can do changes is Purchase Part, but I have 3-4000 part no that I need to change in one column so I wanted to use “find and replace” to do it ;) 

Further you could explore ability to edit values on overview windows using custom filed (Persistent Fields etc) functionality. 

I never heard of this but I will search on it and see what if means, it dosen’t feel like I can use it for this but I might have use for it in other cases :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

HI @ninam ,

You cannot add (new) or delete existing records within the Purchase Parts overview screen.. And also in your screen shot you have not populated/queried any records to the screen. So, populate(F2) or query some records and, you should be able to change some of fields with those records (if you can do the same change in Purchase Part detail screen). You can use find and replace functionality too.

There’s no different roles/permissions for the Purchase Part overview screen and the Purchase Parts overview screen. They share a same view and logical unit.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi..

@ThushAsanka Ok sorry yes I can use “Find and replace” but not in the column I want: Taxable :(

In Purchase Part I can uncheck the box:

But in Purchase Parts I can’t do it:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ninam ,

Yes, some of the fields that can be modified within the details view, are not allowed to be modified in the overview screen.

You can check which fields can be edited within the Purchase Part detail view and Purchase Parts overview screen, by simply seeing the list of allowed Read-Only fields in the Properties of the screen. So, if a field is there within the list in the Read-only tab, it means it can be manually made to read-only, so in other words it can be edited by default.

So, within the Purchase Part detail screen, below are the fields that can be added/modified. So, the Tax code can be edited in the Purchase Part screen as you said.

But, within the Purchase Parts overview screen, below are the fields that can be modified. So, the Tax code cannot be edited in the Purchase Parts overview screen as you have seen, because it has been made read-only by default for the overview screen

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@ninam 

Hi Nina,

Now that you’ve mentioned which field you wanted to change, I remembered we needed to perform the same task, though for us it was over 40000 parts.  We did it via a script, here is the SQL for it, just needs modified for your sites, rest should be ok.  But you will need IT to run it and test it in another environment first.

SQL> 
SQL> -- ------------------------------ END BOILERPLATE ------------------------------
SQL> 
SQL> DECLARE
  2     info_ VARCHAR2(32767);
  3     obji_ VARCHAR2(32767);
  4     objv_ VARCHAR2(32767);
  5     attr_ VARCHAR2(32767);
  6     actn_ VARCHAR2(32767);
  7  BEGIN
  8     FOR rec_ IN (
  9        SELECT pp.objid,
 10               pp.objversion,
 11               pp.part_no,
 12               pp.contract
 13          FROM purchase_part pp
 14         WHERE pp.taxable_db != 'FALSE'
 15           AND pp.contract IN ('410', '481', '510', '581', '582')
 16      ORDER BY pp.contract ASC,
 17               pp.part_no ASC
 18     )
 19     LOOP
 20        info_ := NULL;
 21        obji_ := rec_.objid;
 22        objv_ := rec_.objversion;
 23        attr_ := 'TAXABLE_DB' || CHR(31) || 'FALSE' || CHR(30);
 24        actn_ := 'DO';
 25        DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(rec_.contract || '^' || rec_.part_no);
 26        purchase_part_api.modify__(info_, obji_, objv_, attr_, actn_);
 27     END LOOP;
 28  END;
 29  /

Regards,

Shawn

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@ThushAsanka - Aha ok then I understand, just too bad they designed it this way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@ShawnBerk - Thank you so much.. I will send this to our IT :grinning: