Solved

Purchase order return -Inter site flow

• 18 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Dear experts,

When we performed the inter-site purchase order return, I am getting below error. I can not change the part cost in these two different sites due to one site consisting of a manufacturing plant and the other site consisting of a distribution site and the two different sites have different costs for the same part. 

Could any of you advise me to fix the issue or comment on the standard functionality of intersite purchase order return with different part cost structures? 

icon

Best answer by Ravinatha Ariyarathna 18 January 2022, 15:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @XitThejaG, when moving inventory parts between sites, system checks whether same Cost Buckets exists in both sites. This allows you t map every piece of cost detail into transactions, across sites via intersite, etc.

In your case, I believe you have created a custom Cost Bucket SSB which you linked to your Manufacturing template in site 211.  This cost bucket did not exist in site 101.  With the cost detail functionality in IFS, the system do not know where to put that cost from bucket SSB in site 211 when the part transferred to site 101.

There are several ways to resolve this depending on the level of cost detail that you want.

If you want you want the minimum amount of detail, you can simply create Cost Bucket SSB on your other site 101 too. You do not need to link it to a Cost Template or to a part, it just needs to be created in the site.

But if you want more detail, there is a Cost Bucket Cross Reference window under the Costing folder. Here you can map cost bucket SSB in site 211 to a specific cost bucket in site 101.

Hope this information helps you. 

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Ravinatha Ariyarathna Thanks a lot.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Ravinatha Ariyarathna

I created the cost bucket without any connections to cost templates and parts as follows.  

Now I am having the below error when I try to return the purchased quantity. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @XitThejaG, please note that it is difficult to guess why this error is shown at this point. Could you please send a Support case for us to investigate further? Thanks.