Skip to main content

Hello Community,

How to prevent opening a purchase order without a purchase request?

Hi - my instant thought would be a custom event with a trigger on create new PO line. The event action would then prevent saving of the record if the requisition no field on the line is empty.

Thanks for the response. This came to my mind but I'm looking for the ifs standard. Is it possible to create a purchase order without a requisition in the standard?

Yes, std IFS allows the creation of a PO without a purchase requisition. I have seen a number of companies where the business processes allow direct PO creation and approval without using requisitions - especially around no part or non inventory purchasing.

Thanks for the response. This came to my mind but I'm looking for the ifs standard. Is it possible to create a purchase order without a requisition in the standard?

Hi @Hurremoglu ,

As @WyrDavidB stated, in the standard system, users can directly create a purchase order without going through a purchase requisition from ‘Purchase Order’ screen as shown in below screenshot.

Further, it is possible to raise direct purchase orders even for inventory purchase parts in addition to no parts and non-inventory parts.

However, as far as I am aware, there is no functionality in the standard to prevent opening a purchase order without a purchase requisition.

Regards,
Kethaka

Thanks for the answers. The problem was solved by obtaining permission to create new user-based purchase orders in order not to interfere with the processes of the After-Sales Services department.