Solved

PO Receipt Date planning question

• 5 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello all, 

I have a question regarding MRP planning for a purchased item. I believe the issue is related to the PO receipt dates, which is causing MRP to not generate PORs and run negative. 

A firm PO was created on 11/1/2022. However, the PO line was changed to 3/30/2023

The PO is showing on IPAP at 3/30/2023
with an MRP Applied Date of 1/12/2023.

The demand goes negative this month and MRP is not creating PORs to correct the issue (20 day lead time item).

My question is, because the PO header Receipt Date is November 2022, is IFS not creating PORs because it believes this material will be here?

I am not familiar enough with the MRP interworking to know if this is correct or not, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 5 January 2023, 18:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

The phases of MRP in IFS.

Phase 5: Reschedule Existing Receipts

In the process of allocating existing anticipated receipts to demands, MRP always suggests moving the dates of existing orders before recommending any new orders to cover the requirements.  Action messages are generated to indicate the planned rescheduling events, by moving the order date in if necessary to meet an earlier demand, or suggesting the order date move out if earlier than required. In the event the existing receipts exceed the demands for the part, MRP suggests additional actions to cancel those unnecessary orders and/or order quantities.

You should have an action proposal from MRP to move this PO that was moved to 3/30 to satisfy the demand. If this PO is moved and is not for sufficient quantity, then MRP will generate PORs.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@matt.watters Thank you! MRP Action Proposals is suggesting exactly as you stated!