Solved

Perform Site MRP Background Job Error

• 6 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I wanted to expand on a reason you could get the error ‘Error snapshot MRP Supply/Demand. MRP can not find required date of Order No in calendar’  based on the thread below.  The issue could be caused by more than your manufacturing calendar not being extended far enough.

If you make a mistake setting up you part information within the Inventory Part on the Planning Data tab you can cause this issue.  The below mistake where one of our users switched the Safety Stock and Safety Lead Time caused the exact error.   The error in data entry caused the MRP to think the safety stock lead time was 10000 days which would exceed our generated calendar but the root cause was the inventory part setup not the calendar generation.  

Here’s how it should have been entered.  Once changed MRP successfully ran again.  It’s very important to know who to troubleshoot issue within IFS to determine the root cause of the issue. 

Regards,

William Klotz

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 6 March 2023, 16:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I entered this thread because the original thread was locked from comment.  I wanted everyone to know there are other reasons you can receive the error above.

Regards,

William Klotz