Solved

NOTIFY_PR_AUTH_COMPLETED

• 13 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Using APPS 10, has anyone got NOTIFY_PR_AUTH_COMPLETED working?

We are attempting to have the Purchase Requisitioner receive an email when the Purchase Req has been authorized, which this event seems to want to do but we’re having no joy.

For Background, we DO have PUR_REQ_LINE_TO_BE_AUTHORIZED working and that sends an email to the Authorizers within the Authorization group.  NOTIFY_PR_AUTH_COMPLETED just doesn’t seem to work in the same way.

icon

Best answer by CallumW 13 January 2020, 18:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I don't really know too much on this… (And only looking in Apps 9)

Do you have the Notify User checkbox selected in the Purchase Authorization Basic Data screen? (Authorizers tab)

Just looked at the code in PURCH_ORDER_EVENT_CREATION_API and it looks like there is a check for it in the NOTIFY_PR_AUTH_COMPLETED and not in PUR_REQ_LINE_TO_BE_AUTHORIZED which you said was the one which worked

Edit: Also… this might help

Badge +2

Hi @CallumW 

Thank you for your advice, it gave me plenty to look at and test. At first glance it seems like the Notify User is for the Authorizer rather than the Requisitioner but upon looking at the API as you suggested, it does appear to be a requirement.

I’ve ticked all users as Notify User but despite trying this i’m still not receiving email notifications. Authorizer email is still working fine. 

In both cases, I’m utilizing the standard events and simply using my own event actions, which mimic the standard event actions with the exception of the Mail Sender setup (which cant be altered on the standard event action). I know its not the Mail Sender as this works for the PUR_REQ_LINE_TO_BE_AUTHORIZED event.

In the screenshot above, this shows the setup, event action 1(2) is the standard one which is disabled as there’s no ability to add the Mail Sender info.

Driving me round the bend only having the process “half working”.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Have you set up a schedule?

Badge +2

SUCCESS! What a flood of emails!

That’s the golden ticket right there. I missed that step.

Thanks for your help @CallumW 

Badge +2

For anyone else experiencing the same issue, It appears that the PUR_REQ_LINE_TO_BE_AUTHORIZED event sends out emails without the need for creating a Notification Schedule whereas the original problem area NOTIFY_PR_AUTH_COMPLETED does require a notification schedule set up.

That’s what threw me. 

Thanks to @CallumW it’s SOLVED!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Something which came apparent when using this in the past, if you schedule the job with a small interval people who go on holidays get bombarded, also, if users have work phones the scheduler can run throughout the night… 

therefore its best to setup a few different schedules which run at fixed periods through business days…