Solved

NOTIFY_PO_AUTH_COMPLETED

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I just enabled this event but no notifications sent to the buyer :( 

Just wondering do I have to add a schedule via “Notification Schedule - Purchase Authorization” for the event to be triggered ?

I just need a notification to be sent to the buyer directly once the authorizer approve it .

I also simply try to create an E-Mail custom Event Action to be performed upon ‘NOTIFY_PO_AUTH_COMPLETED’  without luck.

Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by Jackie P 24 May 2022, 09:08

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

Yes you have to run the schedule for “Notify requisitioner/buyer” when Authorisation is complete” in order to receive the notification.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Jackie P Thanks !

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Another thing you need to have the notifications sent to the user is to set the flag ‘Notify User’ under Purchase Authorization Basic Data.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Another thing you need to have the notifications sent to the user is to set the flag ‘Notify User’ under Purchase Authorization Basic Data.

Hi @NovPeterR  

Is this a “notify any user impacted by authorisations made by this user”, kind of thing?  

I’m grappling with this setup (admitted in Apps9 but the principal is the same, I guess) where the Buyer on the PO is not getting notification emails when POs are authorised but they (Buyer) are not, of course, the Authorizer.

Thanks

Linda

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

If I remember correct the notfication is sent to the user next in queue to authorize. So the user need to be set up as an authorizer to get notifications.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

If I remember correct the notfication is sent to the user next in queue to authorize. So the user need to be set up as an authorizer to get notifications.

Thanks, @NovPeterR #

I was thinking more of the “NOTIFY_PO_AUTH_COMPLETED” rather than the “NEXT_AUTH_PUR_ORDER"

We have fairly simple Purchase authorisation in place which is just one step - authorised by Finance.  I’m trying to get an email notification sent to the Buyer on the PO when Finance have authorised. 

I have today, whilst thinking about this, decided it might just be easier to get the Buyer to “Subscribe” to changes to the PO!  

Linda

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks, @NovPeterR #

I was thinking more of the “NOTIFY_PO_AUTH_COMPLETED” rather than the “NEXT_AUTH_PUR_ORDER"

We have fairly simple Purchase authorisation in place which is just one step - authorised by Finance.  I’m trying to get an email notification sent to the Buyer on the PO when Finance have authorised. 

I have today, whilst thinking about this, decided it might just be easier to get the Buyer to “Subscribe” to changes to the PO!  

Linda

Except that I can’t subscribe to Authorization! LOL

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks, @NovPeterR #

Linda

That’s correct, you cannot subscribe to Authorizations, nor can you subscribe to the status change of the PO.

This is more like what you are looking for I guess?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks, @NovPeterR #

Linda

That’s correct, you cannot subscribe to Authorizations, nor can you subscribe to the status change of the PO.

I believe you CAN subscribe to status changes on a PO?  I need to re-test.  

Your latter screenshot “Notification Schedule - Purchase Authorisation” is exactly what I set up.  What is interesting - and may well resolve the issue for me - is that our Buyer is not set up on the Authorization / Pur Auth Basic Data section … because, of course, he is NOT an Authorizer.   

Fingers crossed…

Thank you

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks, @NovPeterR #

Linda

I believe you CAN subscribe to status changes on a PO?  I need to re-test.  

Your latter screenshot “Notification Schedule - Purchase Authorisation” is exactly what I set up.  What is interesting - and may well resolve the issue for me - is that our Buyer is not set up on the Authorization / Pur Auth Basic Data section … because, of course, he is NOT an Authorizer.   

Fingers crossed…

Thank you

In IFS10 and below you can subscribe on Status changes, that is correct.
Somehow they removed that in Cloud where I looked. :-/

When reading the help text it seems like the user need to be set up as an authorizer, but that does not really make sense.
Guess you need to test to see what happens..

Good luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks, @NovPeterR 

I can’t believe remove subscription to Status change is gone in Cloud?? 

Anyway, that’s for another day.  Buyer is set up as “Acknowledger” not “Authoriser” in Pur Auth Basic Data and notifications are now coming through.  Many thanks for the information and apologies to @NMALKI for having somewhat hijacked their thread!  

Linda