Question

New Part Warranty and Returns

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear Community. 

I was hoping someone might be able to share some information on this topic.

I know we can do inspection management when performing Purchase Order Receipts, but if we receive a new item into stock and pay the invoice and then subsequently find that it is non conforming what is the best process to handle the Supplier Warranty? How do we get the part out of stock and returned to the supplier and then process a warranty claim? usually for a full credit. 

This appears to be a pretty standard request so I am keen to see how others handle this scenario. 

Thanks, 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

We had to build our own customization to handle this and many other supplier scenarios.  The IFS  out of the box return process is predicated on being able to undo the receipt, but that is almost never possible.  Instead, we use the Material Review Board process and have the disposition tied to individual finance projects per transaction that get created through a custom API.  In that way we can match the MRB case to return that should have a credit from the supplier.  If there are rework or paid work we have to cover, then No Part POs also become part of the mix.

I agree IFS should have a better methodology out of the box to handle the real world, but it doesn’t for all of our scenarios.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@ShawnBerk thanks so much for the reply. I agree, it is almost impossible to undo the receipt. Can you share any documentation on your process above?

@IFS any view on this?