Question

Multiple Demand Planner servers - Apps 10

Badge +1

I am trying to set up multiple demand planner servers to allow for different period versions, one weekly and one monthly as there appears to me no way to flip between the two.

So I am looking at how to have separate Demand Planner Servers for IFS to connect to.

The IFS client setup seems to support this with the only challenge being the host and port.

What do I need to do on the demand Planner server end, is it multiple instances of demand planner on the same server, if so how or multiple servers running one instance of demand planner each?

thanks

3 replies

Badge +4

Hi

This approach will not work, you cannot have multiple Demand Plan Servers running against the same environment. So you have to select one ‘mail’ period versions. You can use the Time Line functionality in Demand Planning and still be able to change and look at your forecast in different periods (Quarters, Months, week and daily/days. Just do not run 2 DP servers against the same environment it will cause errors.

/Ingvar 

Badge +1

Hi

Thankyou for your reply. Do you have any details you can share with me on how to use the Time Line functionality to allow us to look at the schedules in weeks and months please? 

Badge +4

The Time Line function will change the view of the forecast historical data and display the forecast & history in the selected Time Line periods. You can then change the forecast in this new period. Note that the historical data will not be accurate in the new Time line if the new time line is ‘smaller/shorter’  than the main period version (from Months to weeks for example. But going from Months to Quarters the historical data will be accurate). All calculations are done on the main period version (forecast calculations and seasonal profiles etc..). You should select a main period version that gives you a smooth history, for industries with little to medium number of transactions a monthly period version is usually the best (mostly used period version by manufacturing companies). With higher transaction volumes weekly period version can be considered (Retail, food and beverage companies tends to select weekly period versions). The important thing is to select a period version that gives you a smooth historical data on the majority of your parts (so that you don’t get a lot parts with periods without any transactions (zero periods)).

/Ingvar