Question

Multilevel availability check for make buy components

• 20 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I am looking for guidance on how to view demand of component parts on a multi-site part. Essentially, I make component parts for a top level part (12345) at Site B. However, at Site A where part 12345 is produced, that sub component is purchased, as it is built at Site A. This creates an issue for Multilevel check, where it will only show the purchased component. So, there may be a shortage on the product structure of the manufactured unit at Site B, but that is not visible. 

I have not found anywhere in the help or in the IFS views where you can see true demand through an entire multi-site part. Is there a setting or screen where this detail exists in IFS? Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@cjohnson have you tried with MRP Action Proposals Workbench?

Since these parts are multi-site, it would be a good idea to setup a network MRP if not yet done so.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Will Material Plan Multi-Site help?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Marcel.Ausan Yes, we already have multi-site network MRP running. I do not see how MRP Action Proposals Workbench would show you the components missing if the part on the parent is purchased, not the make part at the remote supply site. 

@matt.watters no, that shows demand for the top level part, but nothing to the sub component structure needs. 

The lack of any visibility due to the multi-site is what’s causing the issue. You would have to know to check the mfg’d component part at the supply site to then see the component part of the item. It makes any sort of simulation impossible.