Question

MRP does not take shop order into account

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

I cannot figure out why MRP does not take a released shop order into account.

I have the following IPAP :

On hand/usable/available qty: 18720

Shop order with due date 06/08: supply of 24020, giving a projected ammount of 42740

Cust order with due date 24/08: Demand of 49720

I run MRP,  and the system gives me a shop order req with due date 24/08, of 31000. This will bring my projected qty on 24020, exactly the ammount of the already created SO.

Does anyone know which settings could cause this? The part has planning method A, on the shop order we have the boxes ‘Include as Supple’, ‘Include as Demand’ and ‘Include as Load’ checked. There is no minimum/max lot size

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

it seems to be a general thing, is it’s the same for other products as well:

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

First - go to MRP Part Information screen and search for the parts. Do you get any hit for those parts? If not check the field MRP Control Flag in Manufacturing Part Attributes. This ‘guy’ shold be selected.

Second - If you do see the problem parts in MRP Part information screen, then check the Gross Requirements tab. Do you see your shop orders there? If not - hmmm - could the orders be pegged, but on the other hand the CO Line demand seems to drive demand in MRP.

Third - Always good to chech MRP Action Proposals for the parts - do you get some strange MRP Message indicating some problem with the part?

Good Luck with your investigation!

-Mats

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Ooops - well since it is generating Shop Order Reqs (from MRP I suppose), the parts must be visible to MRP, so then you can ignore my first point in my previous reply.

-Mats

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

thanks for the hints!

I do not see the shop order in the gross requirement. However, they are not pegged, not connected to a project. But this is according to mekey, he does not include the shop orders in the MRP calculation. But why?

No strange MRP messages. The part itself is ok.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

I created a new fresh shop order which is taken into account by MRP. This is the difference between the shop order taken into account, and the one not taken into account:

• The one not taken into account originates from a splitted shop order. The demand source is ‘Shop Order’:
  • Does this make a difference for MRP?
Userlevel 4
Badge +7

does the parent part have a scrap factor on inventory part? Is the remaining net supply on shop order different from the lot size?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

no, no scrap factor on inventory part and the remaining supply is equal:

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Does anyone know if MRP does something different with supply generated from split shop orders? is this treated different then normal created shop orders?

regards

Kurt

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi again,

Can you check the source order no? What is the Demand Source of the source order. Coz the problem here is that we are seeing the Demand Source; Shop Order. Basically only shop orders with Demand Source; Inventory Order are visible to the MRP engine. (There are some exceptions for Shop Orders connected to DOP or Customer Order - if the revised qty > qty on order (pegged qty) - then include the supply as well).

When you split a shop order, then the new shop order should inherit the Demand Source from its origin order. Please check.

-Mats (I am currently on vacation so it might take a while for me to comment)

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

When you split a shop order, then the new shop order should inherit the Demand Source from its origin order. Please check.

Picking in while my colleague (topic starter) is on holiday.

I can confirm that splitting a shop order copies the demand source of the original shop order.

In that case - the questions remains:

• How did the original shop order receive the demand source ‘Shop Order’?
  • Why does the MRP ignore Shop orders with that demand source? Is this intended behaviour?

We appreciate all feedback and advice!

Best Regards

Roel