Solved

Move purchase req status to released automatically

• 19 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello IFS friends - We are on IFSapps10. I am wondering if anyone knows of a setting that would have all our purchase recs move from a planned status to released status automatically.  TIA

icon

Best answer by Lauri Liljenbäck 20 January 2023, 07:37

View original

2 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

You can do that with Automatic Order Processing.

You’ll need to set up an Order Processing Code in Procurement Basic Data with the event “Release Purchase Requisition”. You can also add other events if you wish.

You can then use this Order Processing Code when running the Automatic Order Processing under Procurement / Order. You can define the details you want, e.g. a site to use, and then either run it straight away (background job) or schedule it like any other schedule in IFS Applications; the parameters can be changed later in the Scheduled Database Task. Once the task is run, the appropriate Purchase Requisitions are released. In case of any errors, you should find an error message in the background job.

If you need the release to happen immediately at some point, e.g. when a line is saved and not wait for the scheduled database task, you can likely do that with a Custom Event, depending on at which point you’d need the release to happen. I would recommend the Automatic Order Processing though if it suits your needs.

Regards,
Lauri

Procurement Basic Data
Automatic Order Processing dialog

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Just what I was looking for - Thanks so much for the detailed information.