Solved

Monthly consumption

• 28 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello! do you know if there is a function or menu in which it is possible to see the past consumption split by month of an inventory part  and/or if somewhere it is displayed the average monthly consumption based on a selected period. In alternative, how to create a report  to calculate what I asked? I’m going  to work with IFS10. Thanks 

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 30 July 2021, 14:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

In IFS there are 2 reports related to Supplier consignment process: "Consignment Consumption Details" and "Consignment Consumption Summary".

Per R&D, “Consignment Consumption Details On the detailed list, you can view issues of the part. Each issue will be listed with date and time.

Consignment Consumption Summary On the summarized list, you can view 
the total quantity issued within the indicated period.

Both reports generate in the Consignment Consumption window by using the right mouse button options.

Therefore, the customer expected behavior is an enhancement
request and needs to introduce a new report to show the available consignment stock for a supplier. This issue has been entered on the IFS IDEA wall. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

The ‘Inventory Part Usage Tracing’ would have the information that you are looking for, but it is not split per month, it is just showing all the consumption. I believe that getting this information on a monthly level might require a new report, or some work in Excel after exporting it from IFS.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Are "Consignment Consumption Details" and "Consignment Consumption Summary" relevant to Consignment stock? In case it is not what we need. About Inventory part Usage tracing, I have to test how it works, but at moment it displays only parts with serial number traced.
I would like an easy tool like the one here attached, with month and consumption. it Sounds strange that it is not available 

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

In Apps10 use the page 'Average Issues/Receipts per Period'.

1. Statistic Periods (Warehouse Management > Basic Data > Statistic Periods) must exist for the relevant periods you wish to analyze.

2. Run the task 'Aggregate Inventory Transactions per Period' for a Site up to a date.
Use this dialog box to update the system's statistical tables. Many of the analysis windows connected to an inventory part use the statistical tables. The inventory statistics are based on the inventory transactions, and the result is divided into statistical periods defined in Statistic Periods window. You can either update inventory part statistics directly, or schedule the task as a background job.

3. View the results in 'Average Issues/Receipts per Period'.

This will also update the fields for Current year (Out) and Current Year (In) in Inventory Part Availability Planning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

1. Statistic Periods (Warehouse Management > Basic Data > Statistic Periods) must exist for the relevant periods you wish to analyze.

2. Run the task 'Aggregate Inventory Transactions per Period' for a Site up to a date.
Use this dialog box to update the system's statistical tables. Many of the analysis windows connected to an inventory part use the statistical tables. The inventory statistics are based on the inventory transactions, and the result is divided into statistical periods defined in Statistic Periods window. You can either update inventory part statistics directly, or schedule the task as a background job.

This will also update the fields for Current year (Out) and Current Year (In) in Inventory Part Availability Planning.

Hi @matt.watters  Thank you for this information.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks a lot, this is exactly what I was looking for. Now the problem is to create something user friendly because it requires a lot of time if I have to check and create an Excel file part by part. Do you know if it possible to set a query or a lobby that aumatically creates a “big” Excel file including a group of parts? Moreover it would be possible to create somewhere (inventory part?) a calculated field  in which there is the average of the last 12 (?) issued qtys?