Master schedule in IFS 7.5 version

• 19 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 85 replies

Hi Team,

Can any one pls explain me behind the settings of MS Sets? and I would like to know what the differences mean and what happens when you use in IFS 7.5 version.

Regards,

Patan M.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Patan,

You can create additional sets to help with performing simulations and creating what-if scenarios. Data from additional sets can then be copied to set 1 once finalised. 

I have also seen other companies using sets as snapshots of the forecast and MPS for specific months. Basically a set per month of the year. 

Thanks,

Jamie

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your update.

Simulations such as what though? I don’t get your point. can you pls explain what they do? What is the functionality?

If you have any documentation , pls send me.

Regards,

Patan M.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Patan,

Scenario planning would be utilising RRP, apologies I'm not sure if this functionality is in 7.5.

Resource Requirements Planning (RRP) can be calculated against any MS set. This meaning that in an alternative MS set, away from 1 you could enter an inflated forecast and inflated MPS to confirm how this will affect factors such as storage space, personnel, transport capacity, machine capacity, etc.

If in the alternative set you were happy that the inflated MPS plan was achievable you could then copy the data within this set over to MS set 1, this overwriting the current plan.

I don't have any in depth data relating to RRP, apologies. Maybe reference this post,

Regards,

Jamie