Question

Manually Close a Purchase Requisition Connected to a Purchase Order

• 4 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

First, I apologize if this is in the wrong sub forum. This question technically touches 3 different modules (Projects, Work Orders, Supply Chain), but since it ultimately involves trying to change a purchase requisition status, I thought procurement would be the most relevant. I am wondering if there is a way to manually close a purchase requisition that is connected to a PO when the system didn’t automatically switch the req status to closed.

We are trying to close out a project that has connected work orders and associated purchase requisitions. The purchase requisition lines have been converted to purchase orders and the purchase orders have been closed (or cancelled in one case). However, we are unable to close the project activity because there are outstanding open requisitions associated with the connected work order. Generally the requisition status changes to closed once a PO is created, but for 4 requisitions associated to this project, they are still stuck in released. It’s possible these 4 reqs were migrated in using migration containers when we went live. I am unable to change the requisition back to planned because the lines are associated with a PO line, and I am unable to find anywhere in the system where I’m allowed to manually close the req.

Is anyone aware of a way to manually close these requisitions within the system so we can close out this project?

For reference, we are using IFS IEE Apps 10 update 13.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Evan,

IF PR didn’t get close when creating the PO, then in my opinion, a data repair is the only option for such 4 requisitions.

If you are able to replicate the problem, then best option is to report this to Support. If it’s one-off occurrence, then data repair can solve your problem, to change the status of such PRs.

Regards,

Pilar