Solved

Maintenance Plan - Inventory Part Demand Published

• 16 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how you can check/uncheck the “Inventory Part Demand Published’ checkbox on the Maintenance Plan of a PM action (APPS10)? The help file says it’s read only, but somewhere there must be a way to define whether it should be checked or unchecked for a certain Part/PM action, right?

Best Regards

Roel

icon

Best answer by Yasanthi Gunawardena 17 September 2021, 09:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Roel,

If there is a material demand connected to a PM action in the Work list/Materials tab of the PM Action window, there is a demand created for the first line in the maintenance plan. The demand line exists until the work order is created. When a work order is generated from a maintenance plan line, the maintenance material requisition/material order of the work order is released and demands are transferred to the generated work order.

The field ‘PM Inventory Part Demand Horizon(Days)’ on the site determines if the box ‘Inventory Part Demand Published’ is checked or not.

This is set in the Site/Maintenance tab for the object property PM Inventory Part Demand Horizon and is calculated from the system date.  Demands are created from the first line in the maintenance plan up to the inventory part demand horizon.

Hope this helps. 

Best Regards,

Yasanthi

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Yasanthi,

Thanks for your reply. So if I understand correctly, if I set the PM Inventory Part Demand Horizon = 0, the Inventory Part Demand Published would never become checked, correct? So no material demand on the PM action would be visible in the IPAP? It would only become visible once we generate the WO.

Does the Inventory Part Demand Published checkbox change when I change the Demand Horizon, or is it fixed at the moment of PM creation?

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Roel,

As per my understanding, if you have a material demand under Work list/Materials tab, it will become checked for the 1st maintenance plan line, until a work order is generated. For the subsequent planning lines, it will not be checked since PM Inventory Part Demand Horizon = 0. The change in Demand Horizon applies when you Activate a PM. If it is already activated, you have to create a new revision.

Best Regards,

Yasanthi

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Yasanthi,

I did some further testing. Apparently it is exactly like you mentioned in the first post. The ‘PM Inventory Part Demand Horizon’ just defines how far you want to look ahead in your IPAP. if you set it to 180, the IPAP will show all PM action maintenance lines with a due date < SYSDATE+180. If you set it to 0, PM actions will appear in the IPAP exactly when the due date is yesterday. If I set it to -1000, all IPAP demand disappears since we have no maintenance lines with a due date that is almost 3 years old.

So the ‘PM Inventory Part Demand Horizon’ defines when the PM action materials become visible in the IPAP. And setting it to -1000 can “clean“ your IPAP for a short while, but without properly maintaining PM actions, they will pop-up again sooner or later.

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards

Roel