Question

Inventory parts cost details / History

• 22 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

Kindly from which screen pr process we can query parts cost history for every change. 

Best Regards,

Bilal Drayi

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Have you tried the Part Cost History overview?  That is probably as good as you are going to get until you identify what it is you are trying to find that isn’t there.  We haven’t purged our records but have 75 million in there over 7 years.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

Thank you.

there are no records in the screen Part Cost History, is there any setup needed in order system can add to this screen table.

Bilal Drayi 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

You get data in Part Cost History when you run the job “copy costs into cost set ONE”. But your first question was kind of open… I dunno if you are into Part Cost at all, since you didn’t find records in this screen?!

Part Cost History is a kind of log how your standard cost develops over time. Even if you don’t use standard cost as your inventory valuation method, you might still want to do some cost calculation, right? Possible reasons:

• How do I establish prices for my parts - sensitivity - scenarios
  • The never ending cost pressure
  • Budget work
  • Following up unit cost over time  =>  And then it might be useful to copy costs into cost set ONE

-Mats

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

No setup, just as mentioned above, you have to be making changes to Cost Set 1.  If you aren’t seeing history, then check Cost Set 1 for your parts, are they all 0?  If they are all 0, what costing method are you using - there are four types?  

If you are a weighted average site, no costing performed on cost set 1, you will have no history.  If you are trying to analyze what has contributed to that average changing over time, the only thing you can do is analyze the Inventory Transaction History and perform the math calculations to see the effect of each receipt and delivery on the average.

If that isn’t what you are asking….you’ll have to rephrase the question because I’m not sure what you are actually looking at.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@bldrayi 

You must be asking because of this yes?