Solved

Intersite flow with partial delivery

• 8 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

We have a situation where we use the supply code ‘Int Pur Dir’ on a CO. We want the goods to go directly from our supplying site to the customer. Supplying site is a another internal customer.

So order comes in at site A, PO gets created to site B, CO get created at site B, Site B can ship to customer directly and invoice goes via site A. Automatically via EDI.

Everything works smoothly for the first shipment. It gets created automatically, we can ship.

But we don’t want to ship the complete order at once from site B to costumer. Let’s say the order is for 100 PCS, and we want to ship 10 at a time.

We ship the first 10 from site B, everything goes perfect. But if we want to create a new shipment, the available pcs don’t get shown in the shipment tab ‘Available order lines’. It’s just empty.

We tested this in a different enviroment and it worked, but for some reason now it doesn’t. Does anyone know which settings are important to check in this case?

Best regards

icon

Best answer by Fredrik Johansson LKP 8 June 2021, 15:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Please try Reassign functionality associated with shipment functionality. You can assign partial quantity  to new shipment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Is this a general problem for all order lines or only for one specific order line? 

If you open the Customer Order Lines window we have a field called Available Shipment Qty which controls if there are any more quantity to connect. If this is greater than zero, then it should be possible to connect the line to another shipment.

One reason why it equals zero is that you have done a close of the order line? The way you can see this is to check the Qty Diff when Deliver field in the same page as above. Is this field not equal to zero then someone has closed the customer order line and nothing more should be delivered, therefore you cannot connect any quantity to the shipment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@First Employee , can you mention the status of the shipment which you used to deliver the 10 units first?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

now the shipment is closed.

Strange thing also: for some orders this works fine, others not. Could be a setting thing, could be a user thing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Strange thing also: for some orders this works fine, others not. Could be a setting thing, could be a user thing?

Hi,

Thanks, I assume the Closed Shipment has only the partially delivered qty connected. To create the new Shipment, have you duplicated the header and saved? 

I asked this because, Shipment type, Receiver Address, Delivery Terms, Ship-Via code has to be similar to the generating CO. (when you duplicate it is likely to fetch the same values without any change).

So that can you confirm whether the above variables in the Shipment are same with the CO?

Thanks. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Hi,

Thanks, I assume the Closed Shipment has only the partially delivered qty connected. To create the new Shipment, have you duplicated the header and saved? 

I asked this because, Shipment type, Receiver Address, Delivery Terms, Ship-Via code has to be similar to the generating CO. (when you duplicate it is likely to fetch the same values without any change).

So that can you confirm whether the above variables in the Shipment are same with the CO?

Thanks. 

Hi,

Yes, only partial delivered was connected. We indeed use duplicate to have new shipments.

Both CO’s are in status ‘partially delivered’. I checked the parameters, all the same.

Reassign functionality does not work, as the first shipment is closed.

The field ‘available qty’ is >0 and is enough for several shipments

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

As hinted above the receiver ID, the delivery address, the ship-via, the delivery terms, and the shipment type must be exactly the same in the shipment and the customer order line in order to find it in the available lines tab in the shipment. Could there have been any manual change on either the shipment or the order line meaning that they mismatch?

Anyway you could always use the Source Lines Available for Shipments page. Here you can find all order lines with quantity left that can be delivered with shipment. I hope you find your line there at least? From this window you can connect the line to a shipment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Hi,

Thanks. 

Hi,

Yes, only partial delivered was connected. We indeed use duplicate to have new shipments.

Both CO’s are in status ‘partially delivered’. I checked the parameters, all the same.

Reassign functionality does not work, as the first shipment is closed.

The field ‘available qty’ is >0 and is enough for several shipments

Ok, so this means you have some CO lines, which you are unable to completely deliver. I think this needs to be studied closely, hence I recommend you to log a case to IFS Support, if that is possible.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

As hinted above the receiver ID, the delivery address, the ship-via, the delivery terms, and the shipment type must be exactly the same in the shipment and the customer order line in order to find it in the available lines tab in the shipment. Could there have been any manual change on either the shipment or the order line meaning that they mismatch?

Anyway you could always use the Source Lines Available for Shipments page. Here you can find all order lines with quantity left that can be delivered with shipment. I hope you find your line there at least? From this window you can connect the line to a shipment. 

Ow yes great! yes, there it is.

I honestly don’t see any difference between the shipment created with this window and the ‘old’ one, beside that for the one created via your screen the lines are added.

Thanks!