Solved

How to add multiple order lines to a Distribution Order

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

In our current (non IFS) system, it is possible to create one Distribution Order and then add multiple order lines to it for different items to be added to the same order, but in IFS, currently our users are having to create many individual distribution orders containing single order lines in each, then having to merge them to get to the same point, which is time consuming. Some of our distribution orders, used for site to site internal stock moves can have many items on them. Has anyone else ran into this issue, and found a way to allow multiple order lines to be added to a single distribution order? Or is thissomething IFS are planning to add in the future? Navigation is: Warehouse Management - Distribution Order - Distribution Order.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Indika Alwis 21 May 2021, 08:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Justin,

I think your requirement will be covered through the Shipment order development in the IFS cloud.
If you click the below help link you can get a basic idea about it.

http://docweb.corpnet.ifsworld.com/ifsdoc/Greenhouse/documentation/en/ShipmentOrder/AboutShipmentOrder.htm

BR,

Indika

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi, thanks for the link, but I get an error msg if I click on it in your reply or copy and paste into a browser:

The following error has occurred whilst attempting to process the requested URL.

Description DNS look-up failed for 'docweb.corpnet.ifsworld.com'
HTTP Status Code 504
HTTP Reason Phrase No response from server
Proxy web-gw-03
Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Justin,

It seems the document link can’t open outside the IFS domain but I extracted its content and save it to the word file that is below attached. Also, the Shipment order page looks like as below.

BR,

Indika

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks very much for this, I will pass this information on to our team. Just one more question though - is there any reason or scenario where someone would want to use a distribution order over a shipment order, or can the shipment order do everything that a distribution order does? Just wondering why both order types are in the system, if shipment order can do anything a distribution order can. Thanks for clarifying this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Justin,

You are welcome!
yes, you are correct, if the shipment order(SO) covers all the Distribution functionality why we support it further. But still, RnD does not cover all the Distribution order functionality in the SO, so far it supported with the same company sites set-up but it needs to support different company sites set up.
Once it is fully implemented then Distribution functionality will be scrapped.

BR,

Indika

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi, I marked this query as answered too soon. After a session with our project team to look at Shipment orders, we cannot find any reference to them in the EE client, which is what our business is using for daily work. Is this order type something only available in the Aurena client, and if so, will it be made available in the EE client also soon (and if so when)? If it is already in EE under a different name, please let me know the navigation and name for shipment orders in EE.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Justin,

The shipment order functionality only available in the IFS cloud application and it released on March 18, 2021. The IFS cloud track only supports the Aurena client.
Therefore it won’t available in the EE client.  

BR,

Indika

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

In this case, how do we get a request for improvement to IFS development to improve the current distribution order type to allow for multi-line distribution orders for customers using EE, as having to create many single line distribution orders and then having to merge them is  a time consuming task, and should not be necessary. Our very old system that is being replaced with IFS has had this functionality for a long time, not sure why IFS chose to only allow for single line distribution orders in the EE client? Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Justin,

At my level, I could help you up to a certain limit. But this is something you must raise to the RnD leadership team via the support process.

BR,

Indika

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Ok, thanks, do I need to open a support case, or is there somewhere else to suggested improvements and changes customers would like to see?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Justin,

You are welcome!

I think you can enter your idea https://community.ifs.com/ideas

BR,

Indika