Question

How can i set up automatic purchase order receipting by cost code/value?

• 22 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I am trying to make the receipting process more efficient.

We have a number of low value items we would like to automate the receipting for. These are goods that go directly from the supplier to our sites. Is there an easy way to achieve this or do I need to look at customisation?

Perhaps it could be set up by cost centre rather than value

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You must have a very trusting Warehouse manager and finance department.  We would never trust suppliers to never make a mistake and be 100% accurate to the point that you wouldn’t want a review at receipt.  Not to mention the receipt reference for invoice matching.  I don’t know of the ability to automate this transaction within the system simply because that would be a very unusual requirement.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Am with you.. I said it wasn't a good idea, but have been asked to see ifs possible.

It is asked for things like stationery, services that are delivered at point of order etc but am with you completely!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Yeah, even for those things, there is still some manager somewhere that better care the expenses are hitting their department.  We require at least an email from the responsible person to confirm receipt and then a warehouse person is designated to do the receipt.  Chain of custody sort of thought.  I’m sure the warehouse guy would like to push a button and make it fly through, but in my experience, that just leads to the possibility of pressing the button on the wrong item.  Automating the thought out of the process is often a bad thing….a continual battle with users.  Good luck convincing them they really don’t want what they say they want.  :rolling_eyes: