Skip to main content
Question

Forecast to default future period to specific value

Hello All,

I have come across an issue where when I am using Moveable Holidays these are only considered to be in the past and not applied as default in the future (therefore forecasted at default value).

What I mean is, if Period 52 (set to weeks in DP Server) has been our shutdown and I had generated that in the Moveable Holidays as well as future dates for Period 52, the DP Client checks what was before the holiday period in the past (demand registered) and after and then fills in that gap using it as base for calculation of the forecast for the same period in the future.

What shall I do for the DP Client to generate the future period 52 to be projected at 0 as this is our shutdown and we are not accepting demand for period 52 of any year?

Would anyone here have an idea what I can do, as I have searched through everything and I cannot find a solution to this. This is to help us with maintaining materials and packaging stocks at right level around the shutdown period not overstocking, and tying up cash, as well as struggling with the maximum limit of storing capacity items.

Appreciate any suggestions anyone can come up with.

Regards

0 replies

Be the first to reply!