Question

Error while cancelling the PO receipts

• 28 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

I am getting an error while cancelling the purchase order receipt for serial tracked part.

The serial number was received on purchase order on site A from external supplier and later moved to site B using INT PO-CO process. Later from site B it moved to site C using INT PO-CO.

Now we want to undo all transaction performed and return the serial to site A where it was initially received on purchase order from external supplier.

We were able to cancel the receipt of purchase order created on Site C and able to return parts to site B by create RMA.

But when we try to cancel the receipt of purchase order created on Site B , its giving us error below.

Error text : - subsequent transaction on serial XXXX prevent the reversal of this receipt

Can anyone please let us know the reason and how to resolve this issue. Logically we would be able to cancel the receipt and return the stock to original site as we did earlier with purchase order created on C site, but not sure why IFS has restricted it for purchase order created on B.

This issue there in IFS8 and IFS9. system is not allowing un receipt of the serial once it gets issued from inventory (customer order , material requisition) even after reversing the issue transaction(un issue or RMA).

Is this IFS bug?

Regards,

Kamal

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Kamal,

Essentially cancelling a PO Receipt implies, that the Serial No wasn’t received on a particular Site. However, in this case the Serial No was used in an subsequent transaction i.e. Customer Order Delivery. Hence when you try to cancel the receipt, the system checks if there is a subsequent transaction and on finding it throws the error message.

Even though, you may have returned the Serial No back - the subsequent transaction of Customer Order delivery still exists right, hence the error message makes sense, in my opinion. This also explains why you were able to cancel the PO Receipt on Site C, but not on Site B.

Now to the solution, I believe the main ask is to return the Serial No back to the external Supplier and expect the chance to return a different Serial No in return from the Supplier. In this case, one can move this Serial No from Site B to Site A via a Transport Task/Intersite PO-CO (whatever is your movement type of choice) and at the same location at which it was received.

You should then be able to update the To be Inspected Quantity to 1 manually on the PO Receipt. This will allow you to enter the inspection result, as part of that process you could do Supplier Returns (Return for Replacement) for the Serial No in question.

This is not cancellation of receipt, however this will allow you to send the Serial No back to the Supplier and receive again later.

Hope this helps.

Regards.