Solved

Error when generating calendar - SupplBlkperiod

• 26 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello!

I searched through the forums but could not find this specific error. When generating a calendar after a new exception was inserted we get an error with the text ([..] below were removed by me):

Error while updating Purchase Order Line. Order No: [..]  Line No: [..], Release No: 1, Planned Receipt Date: [..]. ORA-20110: SuppBlkPeriod.NO_CHANGES_ALLOWED_: No changes allowed when Supplier Agreement status is Cancelled.

I discussed this with our system architect who hadn’t seen this error before. I found the cancelled agreements in the module Procurement→ Supplier->Pricing→ Supplier agreements but I don’t know how to solve this issue or why this would affect the calendar.

We’re using IFS 8 

icon

Best answer by Yasanthi Gunawardena 29 May 2021, 16:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi GoranL,

In apps8 design for calendar generation, rather than stopping the entire process at the very first error, system publishes all the errors to Background job Text/progress Information area.  This way, user can see all the errors and correct them all before running the calendar generation.

As per the attachment I can see only one error i.e Error while updating Purchase Order Line. Order No: [..]  Line No: [..], Release No: 1, Planned Receipt Date: [..]. ORA-20110: SuppBlkPeriod.NO_CHANGES_ALLOWED_: No changes allowed when Supplier Agreement status is Cancelled.

This error must be appearing due to having some open purchase orders related to a cancelled supplier agreement. If you query for the particular purchase Order [ ] you will realize, the purchase order is not in Closed state.  However relevant Supplier Agreement is in Cancelled state, hence raising the error. As part of the generating calendar process, application recalculate/update some dates to ensure dates are valid as per Calendar. Calendar generation will attempt change Receipt date if the Purchase Orders are open.

Therefore, please review these purchase orders and get them closed down and re-generate the calendar.

Hope this helps.