Error related to Part

• 2 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

We have created a custom menu that works correctly in english on purchase order screen but when the language changes to polish and we run the menu it gives the error “No version for a given stock item” for example that item is 12345.0000 

What could be possibly causing this error ? from the error message it seems like something is missing but I am not sure how to check it.

can someone help me ?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

If the custom menu calls some portion of a field or the data in the field in English, but the data is now in Polish, the translation is not automatic.  You have to provide all of the translations for the custom information as well as the code has to be written to handle the different possibilities in the data.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

If the custom menu calls some portion of a field or the data in the field in English, but the data is now in Polish, the translation is not automatic.  You have to provide all of the translations for the custom information as well as the code has to be written to handle the different possibilities in the data.

yeah but if the data is part number only then how can the language become a barrier ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

That I couldn’t comment on other than you indicate it works in English and not in Polish, leading me to believe language has a bearing.  Not to mention experience with German and Chinese where even out of the box IFS code doesn’t always handle the full list of parameters that have to be evaluated for a function to operate.  The difference between ‘false’ and ‘falsch’ in my example was enough to make views not open and errors to occur.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

That I couldn’t comment on other than you indicate it works in English and not in Polish, leading me to believe language has a bearing.  Not to mention experience with German and Chinese where even out of the box IFS code doesn’t always handle the full list of parameters that have to be evaluated for a function to operate.  The difference between ‘false’ and ‘falsch’ in my example was enough to make views not open and errors to occur.  

It is also worth pointing out that when I did a copy special and ran the code in PLSQL Dev. I get the ORA-20110 Error does that mean anything to you ? It would really be helpful for me If you can help me understand this error as from my investigation it is different in each context(this error)