Question

Email PO sends from wrong sender

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi IFS Experts

I tried RMB from the PO header > Email Order. The supplier gets the email, but he got it from the account of one of my colleague’s emails - not mine. :(

So I checked the below setup in IFS. 

1. ‘Supplier Contact’ in IFS has the right email address (anyway he got the email - no issues there) 
  2. PDF_REPORT_CREATED event is enabled

1. The event action has the following setup 

1. Setup IFS Connectivity has the following. 

Can someone explain to me why does the email is sent from another email address than mine?

Cheers

Enzo

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @EnzoFerrari 

Could you please verify whether correct email is entered on create user window , for your user ID at email field.

If above is correct, Since Event action also not having any hard coreded email addresses, Please check Report rules also to verify whether there are specific report rule is there with email creation configurations. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Of course @Xavier Fernando  :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Xavier Fernando , can you please clarify how should I verify Report Rules? Maybe a screenshot would help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you mean here, its empty @Xavier Fernando 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Rasika Lakmal @Anushka Bandara @Malsha Amarasinghe @Lahiru Dissanayake @anbouk @AkilaR @MBENSE @jabous 

Any advise on this one please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Who is the coordinator of the purchase order?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Both Buyer and Coordinator are myself

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @EnzoFerrari ,

I believe it is better if you can raise a ticket to IFS support as then Technical resource could debug why email is generated to the wrong recipient.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @EnzoFerrari ,

I believe it is better if you can raise a ticket to IFS support as then Technical resource could debug why email is generated to the wrong recipient.

@Xavier Fernando , do you think so? Are you sure that it can be figured out through debugging? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @EnzoFerrari ,

I can see that you’ve setup &USER_IDENTITY as the from user.

Can you put &USER_IDENTITY in mail body as a test and see what’s the value you get?

Regards,

Damith

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
  1. Can you check what’s the ADDRESS details (Eg: Sender) in the corresponding Application Message in the queue NOTIFICATION?
    If that’s still your user email address, then it’s your email server which does the impersonation (maybe an alias or a similar network setup).
  1. Moreover, when you try this, what is the user you are logged in as?

Hi IFS Experts

I tried RMB from the PO header > Email Order. The supplier gets the email, but he got it from the account of one of my colleague’s emails - not mine. :(

So I checked the below setup in IFS. 

1. ‘Supplier Contact’ in IFS has the right email address (anyway he got the email - no issues there) 
  2. PDF_REPORT_CREATED event is enabled

1. The event action has the following setup 

1. Setup IFS Connectivity has the following. 

Can someone explain to me why does the email is sent from another email address than mine?

Cheers

Enzo

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@EnzoFerrari I need to check just one this. Can you set the From User as “&REPLY_TO_USER” in the event and check one more time?

Best Regards,

Rasika